Transform your regular date night into a romantic getaway. Leave the demands of life behind to come away and explore Lancaster County, PA, situated within a few hour’s drive from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, or even Washington, D.C.
You’ll drive through the idyllic rural landscapes, possibly passing a horse and buggy along the way, to find a tranquil place where life moves at a different pace. While here, stop and stay at the hidden gem that is Twin Pine Manor BnB.
Choose from nine unique suites for a romantic hideaway. We offer luxurious amenities to help you relax and connect with your significant other. Take time to soak in your private jacuzzi tub or enjoy each other’s company sitting by the fire.
Staying in? Take your date night to another level by adding a Romance Package to your reservation to have a dozen red roses, a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne, and a box of locally made chocolates waiting for you in your room. Or perhaps book an in-suite couples massage to experience the ultimate in romantic relaxation.
Prefer to go out? There’s something for everyone in Lancaster County, from cultural Lancaster County classics to releasing your creativity in a new way and everything in between. Not to mention, there’s some excellent restaurants. Feel free to ask the BnB staff for a recommendation as well.
The Perfect Date Night Ideas for Your Weekend Getaway
If you’re looking for more than a meal, but don’t know where to start planning your perfect date night? Here’s some fun ideas to get the ball rolling:
1. Enjoy a Lancaster classic
- Nothing in Lancaster is more iconic than the horse and buggy. Aaron & Jessica’s Buggy Rides let you experience it for yourself. They also offer tours of a working Amish farm as well if you want to experience more local culture.
- Stop by Country Housewares for an authentic conservative shopping experience. Nicknamed the Amish Walmart by locals, it’s not where you buy discount Amish goods but where local conservative families shop.
- If you’re in the area on a Friday, stop by the Green Dragon to stock up on local meats or cheese, farm-fresh veggies, home-made baked goods, and more. You may even be able to sample of a few while you’re there or pick up lunch. Try a stuffed pretzel for something local or find a favorite from amongst the dozen or more food stands. There’s even a quality Amish furniture store.
2. Put Your Heads Together
- Work together to find clues and solve puzzles to beat the clock and free yourself from one of Escape Room Lancaster’s four themed options.
- Put your deductive skills to the test to find the killer before the detective does during their Murder Mystery Train Experience. You’ll have to hurry. You only have the 45-minute during a round trip aboard the Strasburg Rail Road. They also offer other themed excursions available if you’d prefer a cabaret or their current seasonal experience..
3. Navigate life together
- Whether you prefer to make your way on your own two feet or on two wheels, you’ll have access to beautiful overlooks, nature preserves, wooded trails, and rolling farmland. Whether you prefer the challenge of moderate-to-difficult hiking at Pinnacle Scenic Overlook Nature Preserve or the smooth path of Warick-to-Ephrata Rail Trail, Lancaster County has plenty of hiking options to choose from.
- Prefer the water to the open road? Rent a kayak from Middle Creek Kayak to explore the reservoir, a beautiful 360-acre lake in the middle of a local wildlife area.
4. Have an adventure
- Feel the thrill as you soar into the sky in nothing but a hot air balloon to keep you aloft. Gaze hand in hand at the breathtaking views as you float over the idyllic Lancaster countryside with Lancaster Balloon Rides.
- Are zip lines more your height? Soar through the canopy at Refreshing Mountain, which offers a 5-star zipline experience.
- Climb to new heights at Spooky Nook Sports Lancaster on their 30-foot climbing walls and more.
5. Learn something new
- Love food? Better your cooking skills as a couple by taking a class at Zest, a gourmet food and kitchen store in Lititz. They fill up fast though, so make sure to book ahead so you don’t miss out on a fantastic culinary experience.
- Learn how to twist pretzels like a professional at Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery—the first commercial pretzel bakery in America. Try a little taste of Pennsylvania—the largest pretzel producing state in America.
- There are many myths surrounding wolves. Take a tour through the Wolf Sanctuary of PA to find out what is fact and what is fiction.
- Lancaster has many museums across several different themes, from our own Lancaster Museum of Art to a classic car barn with muscle cars. Prefer trains? We have a museum for that too.
6. Try something new
- There’s no shortage of local breweries to choose from if you want to try some local microbrews, a few can be found just minutes down the road. Stop by St. Boniface Craft Brewing Company, Black Forest Brewery, or Pours Man’s Brewing Company in Ephrata for a flight of your favorites. If you are a little further afield, click here for a few more options.
- Prefer wine? Lancaster County has several tasting rooms and wineries to choose from as well. Choose your favorite varieties and enjoy.
- This is more a salad dressing for your date night lettuce, but if you’re in Lititz, stop at Olio Olive Oils and Balsamics. With more than 110 flavors and varieties of oils and balsamics, there’s sure to be something new for you to try and are happy for you to do so.
- A local favorite, Fox Meadows Creamery’s ice cream is made on site using milk from their dairy next door. They use natural ingredients and have a wide range available to try before you buy or in a sampler that gives you four mini scoops for a whole lot of flavor.
7. Get competitive
- Kill two birds with one stone—or one ax in this case—at Meduseld Meadery in Lancaster where you can try a flight of mead (a honey based liquor if you haven’t had it) while trying your hand at throwing sharp objects. You could also try Stumpy’s Hatchet House if you’d rather not mix the two.
- Mini golf is a classic for a reason. High Sports Family Fun Center in Lititz offers a 20-hole miniature golf course as well as batting cages, go karts and a driving range for multiple options of fun activities for you to share.
- At Decades in Lancaster, slip back in time in their retro arcade and nostalgic six-lane bowling alley while enjoying a cocktail from the bar or a burger from their full restaurant.
8. Let your creativity flourish
- Whether you’re comfortable with an empty canvas or want step-by-step instructions, Painting with a Twist is a great date to get your creative juices flowing. You can bring your own bottle of wine and enjoy a class with your partner.
- If you prefer to admire other people’s creativity, stop by Gallery Row along North Prince Street and its surrounds in Lancaster City. Stop in Liz Hess’s gallery to find a little red umbrella or discover a new artist from the company at Red Raven Art.
- If you prefer the theater, Lancaster has many to choose from. Sight and Sound is nationally known (and we can offer you a discount on tickets if you book with your reservation). But don’t forget the Fulton in downtown Lancaster, Dutch Apple if you want dinner with your show, and more. Click here to see what’s coming up.
9. Hunt down a find
- Known as the antiques capital of the US, Adamstown offers many options for you to bring home that perfect find. There are several markets, co-ops, and shops along Route 272 for you to explore.
- Stop by The 300 Block on North Queen Street in Lancaster City to find something unique. It’s a collective of small boutiques, each with their own focus and style. You can find anything from crafted leather goods to a rare vinyl. Stop by and have a look.
- Kitchen Kettle Village is in the heart of the Amish countryside and has a myriad of stores to choose from. Browse everything from yarn to cigars. Stop by Village Handmade to admire their colorful quilts. If you’re feeling a bit peckish, there’s everything from pretzels to local ice cream.
- Want a good deal? Check out the Tanger Outlets in Lancaster, which has more than 50 stores and even more brands at discounted prices.
Your next romantic adventure
After a restful night’s sleep, enjoy a romantic three-course breakfast in bed before starting your day. Take time to stroll through our beautiful grounds together before heading off on your next adventure. Need even more ideas? Check out our area attractions page as well.
In addition to being a hidden gem, Twin Pine Manor B&B is a great base from which to explore these great Lancaster County attractions and more. Take advantage of our midweek and extended stay specials for a great price as well as a great weekday getaway. Book your suite now and get planning your unique date night!